We are seeking a well-rounded individual with exceptional design talent and people skills to join our team in Chapel Hill. If you’re passionate about architecture and interested in a rigorous, rewarding office and design culture, you might be a good fit for CUBE design + research.
We are a small award-winning architecture firm with offices in Boston, MA and Chapel Hill, NC. Our mission is to create places that are emotive and transformative for people. We work with a perfectionist mindset in the craft of creating architecture. Our current work includes modern residential, multi-family, municipal, hospitality, commercial, and adaptive reuse projects. We are searching for a new team member who has the desire to become a firm leader and bring value to our culture of design-driven collaboration. Just as we do with our clients, we appreciate and cultivate each individual’s aspirations, which results in a strong team fueled by genuine enthusiasm.
An accredited professional architecture degree and 5 or more years of post-graduation experience is desirable. Ideal candidates will possess very strong conceptual, organizational, graphic, and time management skills. He/she will show an appreciation of craft, community and modern design, and will demonstrate excellent design sensibility and rigor as a self-starter within a collaborative environment. Each member of our small firm is required to be a part of designing projects and be involved in multiple projects at any one time.
– Collaborate with team members to provide high quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from concept through construction.
– Provide client, community and in-house presentations for projects in conjunction with firm leadership.
– Manage multiple projects/tasks effectively to meet deadlines in a fluid environment.
– Work with consultants to assess design solutions and maintain the integrity of design.
– Research systems, fixtures, equipment, and materials based on design and functional criteria.
– Create building design solutions and use materials and systems based on an understanding of construction customs and vernacular.
– Manage, prepare and coordinate technical drawing sets and specifications with rigorous attention to detail.
– Assist with business development opportunities and represent the firm outside the office with firm leadership.
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Good sense of humor.
– Exceptional design and visualization skills.
– Exceptional people skills.
– Fluent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, V-Ray (or similar) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
– Knowledge of building systems, materials, and finishes.
– Knowledge of construction for design detailing and construction documentation.
– Understanding that form is as important as function.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
– Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
– Fluent in English and imperial system of measurement.
– Architect license is not required but preferred.
– A large role in a growing firm with responsibility on a range of projects.
– Hands-on experience with all phases and facets of project design, management and construction.
– Work on a variety of projects in multiple states.
– Support of IDP and ARE.
– A culture of camaraderie around design-driven collaboration.
– Involvement in business development and marketing strategies.
– Face to face engagement with clients and consultants.
– Flexible working hours.
– Competitive salary based on experience.
– Benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format (10 MB max) to the attention of Jason Hart, email@example.com. Include “Chapel Hill Position” in the subject line. Check out our website (www.cubedesignandresearch.com) and Facebook page for more on our work.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Our recent client Leigh Stringfellow Aiyyer is a harpist who made a delightful unexpected discovery when practicing with the doors open – neighbors with perfect pitch! Check out her blog post.
CUBE’s November Newsletter and Tips now out: fb.me/2zoxkZC9h
Our office and factory renovation for Real Thread apparel company in Orlando is nearing the finish line!
Images via Real Thread.
Our modern artist studio among the farmlands of Hillsborough is starting to come together. Here’s our latest design iteration.