We are seeking a well-rounded individual with exceptional design talent and people skills to join our team in Chapel Hill. If you’re passionate about architecture and interested in a rigorous, rewarding office and design culture, you might be a good fit for CUBE design + research.
We are a small award-winning architecture firm with offices in Boston, MA and Chapel Hill, NC. Our mission is to create places that are emotive and transformative for people. We work with a perfectionist mindset in the craft of creating architecture. Our current work includes modern residential, multi-family, municipal, hospitality, commercial, and adaptive reuse projects. We are searching for a new team member who has the desire to become a firm leader and bring value to our culture of design-driven collaboration. Just as we do with our clients, we appreciate and cultivate each individual’s aspirations, which results in a strong team fueled by genuine enthusiasm.
An accredited professional architecture degree and 5 or more years of post-graduation experience is desirable. Ideal candidates will possess very strong conceptual, organizational, graphic, and time management skills. He/she will show an appreciation of craft, community and modern design, and will demonstrate excellent design sensibility and rigor as a self-starter within a collaborative environment. Each member of our small firm is required to be a part of designing projects and be involved in multiple projects at any one time.
– Collaborate with team members to provide high quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from concept through construction.
– Provide client, community and in-house presentations for projects in conjunction with firm leadership.
– Manage multiple projects/tasks effectively to meet deadlines in a fluid environment.
– Work with consultants to assess design solutions and maintain the integrity of design.
– Research systems, fixtures, equipment, and materials based on design and functional criteria.
– Create building design solutions and use materials and systems based on an understanding of construction customs and vernacular.
– Manage, prepare and coordinate technical drawing sets and specifications with rigorous attention to detail.
– Assist with business development opportunities and represent the firm outside the office with firm leadership.
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Good sense of humor.
– Exceptional design and visualization skills.
– Exceptional people skills.
– Fluent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, V-Ray (or similar) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
– Knowledge of building systems, materials, and finishes.
– Knowledge of construction for design detailing and construction documentation.
– Understanding that form is as important as function.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
– Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
– Fluent in English and imperial system of measurement.
– Architect license is not required but preferred.
– A large role in a growing firm with responsibility on a range of projects.
– Hands-on experience with all phases and facets of project design, management and construction.
– Work on a variety of projects in multiple states.
– Support of IDP and ARE.
– A culture of camaraderie around design-driven collaboration.
– Involvement in business development and marketing strategies.
– Face to face engagement with clients and consultants.
– Flexible working hours.
– Competitive salary based on experience.
– Benefits package.
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format (10 MB max) to the attention of Jason Hart, email@example.com. Include “Chapel Hill Position” in the subject line. Check out our website (www.cubedesignandresearch.com) and Facebook page for more on our work.
We look forward to hearing from you!