We’re on the lookout for a project manager to join our team in Boston. If you’re passionate about architecture and interested in a rigorous, rewarding office and design culture, you might be a good fit for CUBE design + research.
We are a 5-person award-winning architecture firm with offices in Boston, MA and Chapel Hill, NC. We strive to create design that is inspiring, thoughtful and transformative for those who live and work in our buildings and the communities they inhabit. Our work spans from small to large-scale residential and commercial design. Regardless of the project size, we pride ourselves on exceeding our clients’ expectations with comprehensive construction documents that reflect our commitment to rigorous detail and quality design. As we grow our practice, we are searching for a new team member who, beyond their professional skill-set, has the desire to be a leader and bring value to our culture of design-driven collaboration. Just as we do with our clients, we appreciate and cultivate each individual’s aspirations, which results in a strong team fueled by genuine enthusiasm.
We are seeking a well-rounded individual with exceptional design talent to join our team in Boston. An accredited professional architecture degree and 4 to 7 years of post-graduation experience is desirable. Ideal candidates will possess very strong conceptual, organizational, graphic, and time and project management skills. He/she will show an appreciation of craft, community and modern design, and will demonstrate excellent design sensibility and rigor as a self-starter within a collaborative environment. Each member of our small firm is expected to have design input into projects and be involved in multiple projects at any one time.
– Collaborate with team members to provide high quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from concept through CDs, furniture and fixtures.
– Provide client, community and in-house presentations for projects in conjunction with firm leadership.
– Manage multiple projects/tasks effectively to meet deadlines in a fluid environment.
– Work with consultants to assess design solutions and maintain the integrity of design.
– Research systems, fixtures, equipment, and materials based on design and functional criteria.
– Create building design solutions and use materials and systems based on an understanding of construction customs and vernacular.
– Manage, prepare and coordinate technical drawing sets and specifications with rigorous attention to detail.
– Assist with business development opportunities and represent the firm outside the office with firm leadership.
DESIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
– Exceptional design and visualization skills.
– Fluent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, V-Ray (or similar) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
– Knowledge of building systems, materials and building finish products suitable for multi- and single-family residential and light commercial projects.
– Knowledge of construction to assist in design detailing and construction documentation. Knowledge of wood construction is a plus.
– Understanding that form is as important as function.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
– Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
– Fluent in English and imperial system of measurement.
– Architect license is not required but a sense of humor is.
– A large role in a growing firm with responsibility on a range of modern residential, commercial and multi-family projects.
– Hands-on experience with all phases and facets of project design, management and construction.
– Work on a variety of projects in both Boston, MA and the Triangle area of NC.
– Support of IDP and ARE.
– A culture of camaraderie around design-driven collaboration.
– Involvement in business development and marketing strategies.
– Face to face engagement with clients and consultants.
– Flexible working hours.
Please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format (10 MB max) to the attention of Chris Johns, email@example.com. Include “Project Manager” in the subject line. Check out our website and facebook for more on our work.
We’re also looking for talent in Chapel Hill, NC. If you know someone interested, please refer them to our opportunity posting.
We look forward to hearing from you!